Friday, April 30, 2010

A Diet of Bread and Water Only...

If you thought this was about a real diet you are wrong.

I am the last person to give eating advice from.
If you have seen me in the past year you know that I am gaining more wight then my prego wife.

There has been a thought on my heart for a while now. I do not think I have masted this area of my life by any means(in fact, Its a Daily learning adventure for me), however I thought I would share it as a challenge, since thats how I received it.
I ran across this verse a while ago, at first I over looked it, and just let it role right off my mind and heart, then I was challenged to pray it. After a long time of wrestling with the idea that lies here in this verse, I decide to look at it more closely. I think its easy for Christians to over look certain challenges from God's Word. I keep getting scared of this verse to be honest.
I like feeling in control, and I like feeling like I can choose my own direction. However God desires us to be sufficient only upon Him right? Beyond tithe?
So I prayed this verse.

I dare you to pray it.... but beware, it might rock your world...


Proverbs 30:8" give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread."
(you might want to read it again to let it soak in.)

John 4:14"but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life."

No comments:

Post a Comment